Halifax is making a return with 90 per cent loan-to-value (LTV) mortgages for first-time buyers on Tuesday 8 December. The products will initially only available to first-time buyers, with at least one of any joint applicants needing to be a first-time buyer.
- FTB only (at least one applicant on a joint application must be a FTB)
- New build properties are not included
- No other ‘schemes’ can be selected
- An enhanced credit score requirement will be applied to any applications on these products
- A maximum 4.49x loan to income (LTI) cap will be applied as part of our affordability assessment
- Maximum loan amount of £500,000
Halifax re-introducing the 90 per cent LTV back into the market is one of the latest lenders along with Virgin Money returning, along with Nationwide, TSB, and Accord also introducing additional products back on the market within the last two weeks.